Patient and caregiver needs realized . . .
- Our platform reaches research communities and innovators both inside and outside of academia dedicated to developing new products, tools, and devices for neurological disorders.
- We emphasize public and patient engagement in the science we fund.
- Our unique, open-access portal allows further patient engagement following initial submission to ensure others will also benefit from the proposed product/ tool.
- Proposals that are positively reviewed by public users, the Scientific Advisory Board, and the Business Advisory Board will appear on the platform as Prize Challenges.
As the primary sponsor or in collaboration with other sponsors, Neurology Patient initiative will:
- Launch patient-driven challenges that can be leveraged to attract capital from investors and motivated solvers.
- Outline clear challenge criteria required for the awarding of each prize.
- Outline challenge-specific business agreements in challenge rules (e.g., intellectual property ownership or licensure for commercialization purposes).
- Provide winning solutions access to further investment opportunity.
- Provide methods of safety testing and further piloting of viable products via a third party.